Brine for Smoked Fish, Poultry or Meat.
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup coarse salt (pickling or any non-iodized)
- 3 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Soak fish or meat in brine a minimum of 6 hours or as indicated in smoker instructions.
- Smoke using your desired recipe & wood chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef #8832636. My memebership on this site goes back to the days of recipezaar, so I have seen a lot of changes on the site over the years. I still miss the forums, they had a wealth of information in them, and it was great to be able to connect with other chefs through them. I don't think zmail exists anymore either, so I don't think we have any way of contacting other chefs now. I haven't been on the site much in the last few years, mainly because of the changes. I do still pop in to look for specific recipes. I enjoy cooking, and am passionate about baking.