Easy and Tasty
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (cooked and drained)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Line the pie shell with 1 cup shredded mozzarella, cover with sausage.
- Top with remaining 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- In a small bowl beat together the eggs and milk. Pour over the cheese layer. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Bake 325' for approximately 40 minutes or until set. It may be necessary to prick the top layer with a fork to allow the egg to redistribute itself.
- Cool for a few minutes before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
DH really enjoyed this pie. I did have to keep a eye on the pie and let it bake alittle longer than I would of thought. I also poked the pie several times with a fork to get the liquid to absorb while baking. I baked it for one hour at 325' I also added some fresh chopped mushrooms that I had on hand. Turned out good! Made Recipe #44746 to serve with this. We love this soup as a gravy and DH just gobbled up half the pie with the mushroom soup. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.Reply