MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the best way I know of to use up stale bread. It tastes like French toast only better--yum!
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf thick stale bread (at least one loaf, though naturally normally what you will be using here are bits and pieces from se)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup berries (optional) or 1/2 cup chocolate chips, whatever you like (optional)
- Set oven to 350* F.
- Cut or tear bread into roughly equal-sized pieces and place into a well-buttered casserole. Sprinkle on raisins, berries or choc. chips, if desired.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and butter, stirring until butter is melted.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly; add sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, whisking (or mixing with a hand-mixer) as you add.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and bake until the pudding is set, 45-50 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION