Braised Pork With Cumin (Rojões)
photo by MaryMc
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lard
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Marinate your pork meat overnight, in the wine, garlic,salt, pepper, and crushed bayleaf, and the paparika. The next day in a skillet melt the lard over high heat, add the pork cubes (DRY well with a paper towel ) and brown.
- them stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, and also regulating the heat so that they color quickly and evenly without burning. Stir in the marinate that remained along with the cumin add a little more salt if needed, and 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic. Bring to a boil. then cover and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 25 minutes or till pork.
- is tender. Add in a little more wine if it looks to dry so that you'll have a nice thick sauce and cook for 5 minutes, stir in the fresh cilantro . Pour the pork into a heated platter, surrounded with boil potatoes or fried.
- Decorate with lemon slices and black olives.
- serve with a nice green salad on the side a bottle of red wine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I'm a housewife with 2 children, and married to a wonderful man. I live in Portugal, been living here for the last 20 yrs. I love the food here, but love to try put new reciepes.. I have 2 dogs .and a canary. >I'm famous for my cheese pate, everyone that tries it gets addicted to it and a few other goodies.. Also my Blackforest cake, is always on demand. I don't really have a favorite restaurant. My passion is the oceon, I LOVE to sit on the rocks and watch the waves roll in and out, its so relaxing, and gives me such peace!!!!