Braised Onion Slices
I love onions!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large onions, peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 1/4 cup beef broth or 1/4 cup vegetable broth, of choice
- 1⁄4 cup Scotch whisky
- Melt butter and oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add onions and sear over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Add whisky and let the sauce cook down slightly.
- Serve with beef, lamb, or chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION