Braised Garlic Chicken and Spinach
We eat a lot of chicken thighs, because they're flavorful and inexpensive. This recipe comes from eatchicken.com.
- Ready In:
- 6 broiler-fryer chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canned no-salt chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach
- In large nonstick frypan, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes, or until brown on all sides. Add carrots and garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low temperature. Cook, turning chicken once, about 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Remove chicken and carrots from frypan; set aside and keep warm. Cook garlic an additional 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and broth; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- In blender container, place broth mixture and blend about 30 seconds or until smooth; set aside.
- In large saucepan, place spinach (do not add water). Cover and cook over medium heat 3 minutes; drain well. Place spinach on serving platter and arrange chicken and carrots on top. Drizzle with garlic mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION