One word: Delicious! When we were kids, Grandma called these Torn Pants! We couldn't wait for them to be done and would be waiting at the stove for them. Our faces were white with powdered sugar....Those were the days and they can be again!
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- oil (for frying)
- confectioners' sugar
- Mix together all ingredients until well blended.
- Taking a small part of the dough at a time, roll out very thin.
- Cut into strips about 6" long and 1/2" wide.
- Make a slit in center and pull one side of dough thru the slit.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- While still slightly warm sprinkle generously with confectioners sugar.
- (Dependent on the heat of your oil, is how quick they will get done so time may vary).