Bourbon Street Po' Boy
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sm, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced cooked
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until flour browns, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes; gradually stir in broth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and thyme; stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each roll; scoop out soft insides.
- 7. Arrange meat on each roll; spoon gravy over meat and replace tops on rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
AND that is the end of this. If the phone doesn't ring? It's me. If you are looking to ask me a question? I'm not here. I won't answer. I do not assure you that the ingredients, amounts or even the directions in any recipe under my two accounts are correct due to the bad directional pointer in the database that is causing problems with the amounts or ingredients. I will also NOT assure you they are correct when the site claims they are fixed. Use at your own risk. They will be correct on my site. End of story. Sigh.. OK IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JESSIE'S KEY LIME PIE? Google the name. It's all over the net. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not. - Eric Hoffer And no I didn't let the door hit me on the ... on the way to my site at <A HREF="http://chef.philocrates.tripod.com">Philocrate's recipes </A> where at least I can take responsibilty for mistakes in recipes.