Blueberry Oatbran Muffins
Low GI yummy muffins. Oatbran is excellent for keeping you full for longer and helps lower colesterol. Make a batch and keep them in the freezer. Take one out in the mornings for a healthy mid-morning snack.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups oat bran
- 1⁄8 teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt, low-fat vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute, prepared
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries, frozen and unthawed
- Combine the oat bran, Stevia, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl, and stir to mix well.
- Combine the yogurt, orange juice, prepared egg substitute (or 2 eggs) and oil in a small bowl and stir to mix well.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the oat-bran mixture and stir to mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Coat the bottoms only of muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, and fill 3/4 full with the batter. Bake at 180°C for about 16 minutes or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before removing the muffins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers not eaten within 24 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION