Blueberries With Banana Sauce
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk ricotta cheese or 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt (or fat free)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT blueberries. Process or blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl, or divide among 4 serving bowls.
- Pour banana cream sauce over blueberries and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I personally was going to give this 3 stars, but my kids gobbled it up, which pleased me (since it's a healthy recipe). I didn't want to thaw out my ricotta for only 1/3c, so I used cottage cheese, which seemed to work just as well. I also omitted the sugar and used 10 drops of liquid stevia (which I've found is a great sweetener with cold milk products). The cream was sophisticated and smooth, yet I guess I'm such a blueberry lover that I like them simply with cream, perhaps a wee bit of stevia or sugar too, and nothing else. Still, if you're looking for something different, this sure is easy enough to try!