Blue Chicken Breasts
OK, there's a blue cheese sauce over these chicken breasts - what WERE you thinking?
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt or 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely minced chives or 4 tablespoons green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash chicken well and dry.
- Combine herbs, salt and lots of freshly-crushed black pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with seasonings.
- In non-stick skillet, melt butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Place the browned chicken in a baking dish just large enough to hold it in one layer.
- In same skillet, sauté the garlic.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting, add the blue cheese and the yoghurt (or sour cream), and stir until well blended.
- Spoon sauce over chicken; cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover; add chives (or green onions) and cook 5 additional minutes.
- Serve over rice with sauce from casserole.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is definitely a keeper! The only thing I did differently was to deglaze the pan with a little white wine after sauteing the garlic. I served with rice and asparagus and it was great, though my DH would like it with pasta next time :-) and double sauce! Thanks!!! Update: We had the leftovers with pasta and the sauce had a great macaroni and blue cheese effect!