Blackened Chicken Pasta With Alfredo Sauce
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Preferrably use a cast iron skillet for blackening the chicken breasts. If you don't have one then regular skillet will work.
- First off place 1 stick of butter and cream cheese in large saucepan on medium heat, let melt, stir in 1 pint of heavy cream.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese, about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat. Stirring frequently.
- The longer this simmer's the better.
- If sauce seems to be real thick then slowly stir in the rest of heavy cream.
- In the meantime while the sauce is simmering start the noodles. Drain. Set aside,adding a little of sauce so the noodles don't stick.
- While the sauce is simmering, preheat skillet on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with zataran's blackened seasoning. Place on to skillet and brown on both sides, turn down heat to medium. Cook on each side for about 7-8 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place noodles on plate, top with sauce and place the chicken on the side.
- Garnish sauce with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with your favorite salad and breadsticks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Me and my family love this recipie, they have been begging me to make it again! I recently made again for my folks and my mom was the only one who got to enjoy while I was around! She sure enjoyed it, and my mom said my brother has been eating it every chance he gets as leftovers. I love this meal because its just like your going out to eat at applebee's or chilis or wingers because they all serve a meal like this but you get to enjoy it at home and its so simple to make! Thanks for sharing.
This is fabulous! It is very adaptable...I use chicken tenders instead of breasts. I use my own blackened seasoning (which is awesome!) And I also add more parmesan. You can never have too much cheese. This was our go to dinner at Olive Garden. Since we found this recipe, we make it more at home now. This is really a wonderful recipe. Thank you for sharing.
I have a few non-spicy picky eaters so I first cooked chicken without spice and set aside. Then I used "Cajun's Choice Blackened Seasoning" on the rest of the chicken and removed from pan. I added a piece of bacon to the iron skillet cooked crispy, added a pinch if red pepper flakes and 8oz of fresh chopped Portobello mushrooms. Brilliant! Kids ate non-spicy version - adults loved the extra kick, texture and taste of the spicy mushrooms
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a married, mother of 2. Love every minute of it. I love to travel with my family and try different kinds of food. I love to try new recipes as well as the recipe's I already have. I love photography and the outdoors. Nature is a beautiful thing.</p>