Blackberry Poppy Seed Dressing
I love raspberry poppy seed dressing, but due to an allergy I can't use any commercially prepared salad dressings. This is my version of poppy seed dressing. This can be made with either blackberry or raspberry jam. I use Smucker's Simply Fruit.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup seedless blackberry jam (I use Smucker's Simply Fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use grapeseed)
- In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients except oil until well blended.
- Add oil and process until completely combined.
- Place in a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I am going to make this again to double check my rating, but for now it is a 4. I made it with fresh blackberries that I mashed and mixed with the sugar to make a thick syrup similar to a jam. I then added the remaining ingredients and added extra honey (thickener) and some Stevia to sweeten it up even more (to compensate from not using the concentrated jam). It was lovely over a salad of fresh greens, fresh raspberries and sliced almonds. . .chicken would have been fab with this too. That being said, I am going to make it again tonight with some jam and see if I can bump it to 5 stars. . .be back later. . .UPDATED: Made it with some strawberry jam and it was splendid. . .THANKS!