- Ready In:
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Cook berries and water together until nearly soft.
- Mix sugar, salt and cornstarch together and add slowly to the berries, stirring constantly.
- Bring to the boiling point and cook for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Serve hot with sugar and cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!