Black Olive Cake
This is a Turkish recipe, I haven't made it yet but I'm thinking it is like cornbread but more cake textured. Someone try it and let me know!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chopped and pitted black olives
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat eggs then add yogurt and oil and mix well.
- Add olives, green onion, mint, red pepper flakes, poppy seeds,and salt to mixture and mix.
- Add baking powder and flour.
- Mixture will be runny.
- Pour in a greased rectangular baking dish and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before you cut and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION