Black Forest Chocolate Mousse Shots
photo by LifeIsGood
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, 70 percent solids
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon kirsch, plus a splash
- 7 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 6 cherries, with stalks still attached
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, then cool slightly.
- Beat together the egg yolks and kirsch and gently mix into the melted chocolate with 4 tbsp of the cream.
- Whisk the egg whites to firm peaks and fold them through the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into 6 shot glasses and chill.
- Softly whip the remaining cream with a splash of kirsch.
- Dollop the cream on top of each mousse and push in a cherry to decorate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from the Philadelphia area of the United States but have been living in London, UK since 1996. I now have dual American and British citizenship. I became a widow at the age of 27 in 2004 but have managed to fall in love again and was married again on July 19, 2008. I have a double major honors degree in sociology and politics and am slowly working my way through a Masters. I am a wanabee writer but until that dream becomes a reality I work in internet marketing where I build websites for profit. So, it is nice to come to a site like this and just enjoy being on the internet rather than using it as a work environment. I am a BBW (big woman) but over the past two years I have lost over 80lbs and am working my way down the scales slowly but steadily. These days, I am trying to eat a lot less meat. So, I am trying to have as many vegetarian recipes in the week as I can manage. I have started a blog - <a href="http://weekendcarnivore.com/">Weekend Carnivore</a> where I blog about trying to eat a mostly vegetarian diet. I share a lot of my discovered recipes there. If I make one of your vegetarian recipes and I managed to take a good photo of it, chances are I will blog about it and tell everybody how much I enjoyed it. These are banners and buttons from Zaar events in which I have participated: <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Participant.jpg"> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=metermaids.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/metermaids.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group14tomato.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap3/group07kiwi.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/cookbookZWT.jpg" border="0" alt="I am alw">