Biscuits & Gravy
photo by ChefSwagger89
- Ready In:
- 250 g bulk breakfast sausage (I like Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Original Rounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 biscuits, warmed
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown the bulk breakfast sausage until no longer pink, breaking up the meat into small chunks. Reduce the heat to medium-low and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour and stir so that the sausage soaks it all up, then add the remaining 1 tablespoon. Stir it around and cook it for another minute or two. Add heavy cream and milk and stir frequently until thick, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add in the spices and simmer for a few minutes. If it gets too thick, feel free to add more milk, but I personally think the thicker the better. Spoon over warm biscuits and eat!
- Note: You can use any breakfast sausage, just make sure you remove the casings. As for biscuits, I use the Pillsbury ones in a tube, but feel free to make your own or buy some from your local grocery store or bakery.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!