Best Cafeteria Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The best roll recipe I've ever had. To make hamburger buns, just divide dough into 12 pieces instead of 24 and roll into large balls. I then place them on a sheet pan that's been sprinkled with corn meal.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1⁄4 cup yeast
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour (not all purpose)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup oil
- Mix yeast, sugar, salt and warm water together; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, milk powder and butter or oil, mixing well.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead just until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place in oiled bowl turning once to coat and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Deflate dough and turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 24 pieces and place on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION