Best Brownies With Frosting
photo by jrk198603
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (don't use margarine) or 1/2 cup melted butter (don't use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Creamy Brownie Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Stir oil or melted butter, sugar and vanilla together in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, beat until well blended using a spoon.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownie pulls away from the edge of the pan.
- Cool in the pan.
- Frost with Creamy Brownie Frosting if desired.
- Cut into squares.
Creamy Brownie Frosting Instructions:
- Cream butter, cocoa, corn syrup or honey and vanilla in small mixer bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.
- Makes about 1 cup frosting.
I read the reviews here for this brownie and also on allrecipes.com. The recipe on allrecipes.com called for an 8" square pan. I think I would use that size pan next time so that the brownies would be a little bit thicker. The 9" pan makes a thin brownie. There were many negative comments about the frosting so I went with my tried and true brownie glaze. It is the same ingredients only the butter is melted and I adjust the confectioners sugar until I get a nice consistency.
Wonderful! A cross between a fudge and cakey brownie with rich chocolate flavor. Was glad I added the frosting on warm brownies. So good! Used butter in the brownies and honey in the frosting. Doubled the recipe and baked in a 13x9 pan for 25 minutes. Excellent in every way. This recipe is also posted on AllRecipes where it has more than 4900 reviews:) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made these in an 8-inch pan and they turned out perfect. The frosting tasted very good but it could have been a bit more abundant (thus maybe 1-1/2 recipe or double it), but it was super easy to make. I used the corn syrup and 1-1/2 tablespoons of milk and it turned out a perfect consistency. Very delicious!