Bennigan's Hot Bacon Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb red onion, dice fine
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until the onions start to blacken. While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey, pepper sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk well. After the onions have caramelized, add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper sauce, honey and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix.
- Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until needed.
- To reheat use a double boiler.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook is the first thing people find out about me. My main passion is my Nuwave oven and converting recipes to cook in my Nuwave. We are always looking for new recipes!!<br /><br /><br />Also, I love to help others! <br /><br /><br />If you find any of my recipes helpful or want to speak with me about it. Please drop me a line. If you wish to help with the Nuwave/Flavorwave Oven recipes please drop me a line or Chef At Heart - (Leanne) - http://www.recipezaar.com/member/416807 She is my partner in crime (Leanne) with Nuwave/Flavorwave recipes! <br /><br /><br />The second thing, I have several passions! One is for my Nu-Wave Oven which is the same as a Flavorwave Oven. <br /><br />The 3rd thing is I love my Crockpot. <br /><br /><a id=clustrMapsLink href=http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://www.recipezaar.com/member/531768><img src=http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://www.recipezaar.com/member/531768 alt= /> <br /></a><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2106566&c=6320011 border=0 alt=Free Hit Counter /></a><a href=http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/target.htm></a></p>