Beet Salad With Pumpkin Seeds
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This version is nice - steaming is easier than roasting. I think I'll try this with thinly sliced raw beets - they are wonderful & not used as often. Found in the Seattle Times.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs beets, raw without stems and leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted, salted
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Scrub beets and steam until soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- Peel and quarter beets. Thinly slice each quarter piece into 1/2 -inch slices. Place in bowl.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and whisk until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over beets. Add pumpkin seeds and green onions to beets. Gently toss to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION