- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- cooking spray
- 6 lean beef steaks
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 (425 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Lightly pound beef steaks with a rolling pin over some plastic to tenderise.
- Mix stuffing mix with water and divide between steaks.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Sear the steaks with a little cooking spray.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute onions in the same pan until soft.
- Return the beef rolls and add the crushed tomatoes, red wine, herbs and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- When cooked, slice the beef olives diagonally and serve on a bed seasoned vegetables.
- Pour some of the sauce over the top and place some crusty bread smeared with olive oil and rubbed with a little garlic on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Australia but I am Spanish. I am a dressmaker by trade but find myself enjoying cooking more these days. I have a great collection of recipes, some from magazines and some my own which I would love to publish one day. Having had gestational diabetes two times in my pregnancies, I have now become challenged to create a book on low GI foods and recipes. I just need to get down and do it. I have slowly posted recipes and still have many more various recipes to post. I hope you like what I have so far.