Beef and Pasta Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A healthy, hearty stew with a million and one ingredients.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 1 cup dried great northern beans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup quartered mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1⁄2 lb lean boneless round steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pasta style chunky tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free less sodium beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh torn spinach
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large electric slow cooker. Cover with lid, and high on high-heat setting for 6 hours.
- Add zucchini and next 7 ingredients, cover and cook on high heat setting for an additional 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls, and sprinkle with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION