Beef and Broccoli Stroganoff
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- whole wheat pasta shells
- Remove fat from steak and slice meat across the grain into bite-size pieces. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and warm over medium heat. Add meat and brown on both sides. Stir in garlic, mushrooms, and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add margarine and cook until melted. Stir in 2 tablespoons of flour until liquid forms a paste. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, pepper, dill weed, and beef broth. Continue cooking uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon of flour into the sour cream, then add to meat mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, but do not boil. Toss in steamed broccoli and cooked pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!