Bed and Breakfast Sausage & Egg Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Beat the eggs with milk, salt, and mustard.
- Layer bread cubes in the bottom of a buttered 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Crumble the sausage over the bread and top with cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When using a glass casserole, bake in 325 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Note: it could just be my oven, but when i bake this, it takes about 90 minutes in a glass casserole dish, and i need to cover casserole with foil for the last 30 of those minutes; so it doesn't burn.
- This is really good with a little bit of maple syrup on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, My youngest son is allergic to all nuts, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes. The nut allergy is pretty serious, i have to carry allergy shots with him wherever he goes. Its really scary! The doctor says i have to read the ingredients on everything my son eats. You would be surprised just how many processed foods contain nuts or traces of nuts. Nut oil gets all over the equipment they use for processing and is hard to clean off, it spreads all over everything. Once my sister was eating cashews and kissed my son on the cheek, and he broke out in hives where she kissed him! So it is a constant concern in my life. You are all awesome to share your knowledge and recipes. I've been learning so much from you all. Thanks everybody.