BBQ Ribs - a Little Sweet, a Little Tangy
photo by Chef Dee
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- Cut the ribs into smaller segments, then simmer for one hour until tender.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucpan and bring them to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min's.
- Place meat side down in roast pan, brush with the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins at 325.
- Turn the ribs over and brush again with the sauce, return to oven for another 20 min's.
- Brush more sauce on the ribs, return to the oven for another 10 min's.
- If you like darker ribs, turn on the broiler for a few minutes when they are almost done, and watch closely while they darken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I agree - these ribs are awesome! The ingredients complimented and made for a wonderful sauce. Other then having to sub the liquid smoke with a couple tablespoons of Hickory BBQ sauce I made as posted and we too were sampling before they got to the table! The aroma alone worth a five- the taste absolutely delicious.
Dee,these ribs were AWESOME...The sauce had the right amount of "tang" and was simply delicious...I browned them up under the broiler like you suggested and the kids started to devour them before I could even get them to the table *lol* I guess the smell was just too much for them.....Thanks for a great recipe,Dee!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My mother was known for her cooking and baking and I am so happy that I was able to pick up her great skills.</p> <p>I enjoyed many years as a stay at home Mom, whipping up all sorts of large meals and baking of all kinds. Time does not permit many hours in the kitchen anymore, but I still like to entertain when possible and I am always searching for the latest greatest new recipe to add to my tried and true collection.</p>