- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- Dice Onion up really nice.
- Add diced Onion, Bacon, BBQ sauce and Rum (optional of course) to a ziploc freezer baggy (large enough to hold everything together).((I use a vacuum sealer for this)).
- Pretend it is a gel sack and mix things up really well after you seal the bag.
- Freeze combination for at least 6 hours, the freezing causes the ice crystals to cause mini-tears in the meat, allowing the Bacon to be extremely tender.
- Take freezer pack out of freezer and allow to thaw normally (in the fridge).
- Ready your BBQ, when hot, cook to doneness that you normally like your bacon (tender or crispy).
- NOTE: Watch the flames, the dripping grease causes fires, and if you don't remain observant, you will end up with little charcoal sticks. :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!