photo by Charmie777
- Ready In:
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup milk (approx)
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small green sweet pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 ounces pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 strip orange rind
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, just cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes until just tender.
- Drain well then mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Add the milk, season with salt and pepper and beat well. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, olives, orange peel, basil and wine, blend well and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions and bell pepper are just tender.
- Remove the orange peel and adjust the seasoning.
- To serve - place the potatoes in a shallow serving bowl, spoon vegetables and juices over the top and garnish with parsley. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>