Barbecue Ham Slices
This is one of my son's favorites. It's easy to make, and delicious. For a sandwich, add a slice of swiss or provolone on top at the last minute and throw the combo on some great homemade bread.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed (plus 1 tbsp!!)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 inches thick slices smoked ham
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- Combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar (don't forget the extra tablespoonful!), mustard, lemon juice, onion salt, and soy sauce in a medium saucepan, stirring well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes; stir frequently. Remove sauce from heat, and set aside.
- Trim any excess fat from the ham slices. Grill over medium coals for 20 to 25 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. While cooking, turn ham slices and baste every 5 minutes with the reserved sauce.
- Grill the pineapple slices over medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Garnish each slice of ham with two pineapple slices, and serve with the remaining sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a yummy dish...I used one of the Costco ham slices that comes in a package of three...this worked so well..loved all the flavors in the sauce...I used my cast iron grill pan...the only change I made was to use canned pineapple...there's just the two of us and a small can has 4 slices...so I have leftovers...so planning on making a ham salad and your German Omelet (Bauernfruhstuck)...made for FYC tag game...Replies 1
This ham is sooo good!!! I used pre-cut ham steaks that were a little thin so I cooked for less time. I liked that the sauce thickened up on the ham while it was cooking to give it a sort of glaze; even dunked the pineapple rings in the sauce before putting them on the grill! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.Reply