Quick and Easy Skillet Ham Slices With Cranberry-Ginger Sauce
photo by True Texas
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce (can use jellied cranberry sauce but the whole is better)
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices cooked ham (can use more)
- In a skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in whole cranberry sauce, green onions, water, mustard, brown sugar, ginger and black pepper; bring to a boil, mixing constantly then simmer about 3 minutes.
- Adjust the ginger, brown sugar and pepper to taste if desired.
- Add in the ham slices and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Another outstanding recipe Kittencal. I've been wanting to make ham slices for a while and this seemed like a good recipe to try out for them. I always loved the taste of cranberry sauce with any meat or chicken and this satisfied my craving for ham in an inexpensive way. Only change I made was to cook it a little longer than stated simply because I like to make sure my onions are cooked and don't have a raw taste. Thanks Kittencal!