Banana Nut Coffee Cake
photo by LizCl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1 (18 ounce) pkge. French vanilla cake mix or (18 ounce) pkge. yellow cake mix
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put bananas and oil in blender and liquefy.
- Add banana mixture and sugars to cake mix.
- Beat with electric mixer for 30 seconds at low speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
- Pour half of batter into a greased and floured Bundt or Tube pan (can use cinnamon-sugar mix instead of flour).
- Sprinkle sugar, nut, cinnamon mixture over batter.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!