Banana Lime Cake
photo by Mariana R.
- Ready In:
- 1 7⁄8 cups all-purpose flour (2 cups less 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large banana, mashed (should measure 1/2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt (use banana or vanilla yogurt if you don't have plain)
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 -3 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C degrees.
- Apply a light coating of cooking spray to the sides of an eight inch round baking pan and place a cut parchment sheet on the bottom.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder together into a large bowl. Mix in the lime zest and brown sugar. Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Mash the banana mixing with the lime juice to reduce browning. Pour the banana, lightly beaten egg, and yogurt into the dry ingredients until they are mix. Fold in the golden raisins. Pour using spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan smoothing the surface to even.
- Bake 40 minutes, testing so that a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Note that low-fat cakes suffer more when over-baked, then their conventional higher fat counterparts. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Once the cake is cool, center on serving plate.
- To prepare icing, sift sugar into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Add lime juice one teaspoon at a time until you arrive at your desired consistency for drizzling. Stir in the lime zest. Drizzle on cake as you wish, either randomly or in a pattern.
this is probably a very good recipe but it didnt wor uot it didnt mae a batter it was very dry i thin it might have been missing an ingrediant liKe milK or butter it said in the ingrediants brown sugar but didnt include it in the recipe I ended up having to add another CUP of yogurt but it was still very dry. When it came out of the oven it was very dry and rubbery i wouldnt suggest this for anyone to use because it just didnt wor Sorry , Toni
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I come from a long line of wonderful cooks and doing my best to hold up that tradition. My great-grandparents owned a coffee shop; my Nana was also a great cook and started the tradition of baking around the holidays, both cookies and fruitcakes. After she died, now a decade ago, our family decided to continue in her honor. The picture above is my mother's (Chef Hot Pans) dining room table just before we packed up our Christmas cookie trays. More that 20 kinds of cookies, many of which are from 'Zaar recipes. <br /> <br />I myself am an amateur cook with a penchant for ethnic foods and spice. Currently reforming my menu in favor of healthy dishes lower in fat with lots of grains and vegetables. My favorite cuisines are Mexican, Southwestern and North African. <br /> <br /> <br />Some of my favorite public cookbooks include:</p> <li>ladypit's <a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/mycookbook/book/33588> WW Core Recipes I Have Tried </a> </li> <p> </p> <li>shirl(j)831's <a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/mycookbook/book/34888> Can this really be lowfat??? </a> </li> <p> </p> <li>julesong's <a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/mycookbook/book/30566> Cooking Light Recipes </a> </li> <p> </p> <li>mariposa13's <a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/mycookbook/book/44690> WW & Lowfat Recipes </a> </li> <p><br /><img src=http://members.aol.com/sdnt4life/dpg.gif alt=Dirty /> <br /><a href=http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/?action=view&current=kitchen-special-hot2-1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/kitchen-special-hot2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Animation1.gif alt=Image /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/4treasurehunt.gif alt=FFF#2 width=50% /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif alt=Image /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg alt=Image /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Adopted /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=PAC /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZaarWorldTourFirst.gif alt=/ /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt=/ /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt=/ /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedHostChallengeBanner.gif alt=ZWT3 /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=width=50% /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/cookbookswap.jpg alt=/ /></p>