- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 9 inch pie pan or shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, sugar, coconut and butter.
- With fingertips, blend the ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In separate bowl combine orange liquor and lime juice.
- Peel bananas and slice them on the diagnal in 1/4 inch ovals.
- Arrange the slices in a single overlapping layer and sprinkle with lime juice mixture, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over the bananas.
- Bake until the juices are bubbly and the topping is crisp and brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh cream, yogurt or ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Everyone loved this little gem - and what a great way to use my surplus of bananas (on special yesterday). The combo of lime juice and cointreau provided flavour and kept the banana slices from turning brown and the hint of nutmeg was just that - a waft that was there, but letting the bananas star. We had this with vanilla ice cream and were very, very happy.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"