Banana Caramel Pecan Crumble Crisp
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2 apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup soft brown sugar
- 60 g butter
- Peel and slice bananas lengthwise.
- Layer apples and bananas alternatively in 16cmx13cm baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and stir till dissolved. Simmer for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add juice.
- Return to heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over fruit.
- Combine topping ingredients and make crumbly with your hands.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 20 minutes or till crumble is golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I hate when people rate a recipe that they made so many changes to it doesn't seem relevant but now I find myself doing just that. Because of aversions to coconut, nuts and no OJ in the fridge I had to adjust accordingly. I doubled the recipe because I have 2 teenage sons and a 6" x 5" dish wouldn't have done it! I made the caramel with cream instead of the OJ. I omitted all items listed above in the crumble and baked for almost 45 minutes at 350 degrees to heat through. Served it with vanilla ice cream and my 17 year old called it awsome.