Banana Cream Pie Puppy Chow
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces yellow candy melts
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup instant banana pudding mix
- 6 cups Chex cereal, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup dried sweetened banana chips, broken into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled vanilla wafers
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the yellow candy melts in a large bowl and melt in a microwave or double boiler until completely smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff, the milk and the pudding mix until smooth.
- Add 3 cups of the cereal and gently stir to evenly coat. Immediately add 3/4 cup powdered sugar and stir until evenly coated. Pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place 1 cup white chocolate chips in a large bowl and melt in a microwave or double boiler until completely smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff.
- Add the remaining 3 cups cereal and gently stir to evenly coat. Immediately had the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour over the yellow puppy chow. Spread out onto an even layer and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup white chocolate chips, banana chips and Nila wafers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Jonathan Melendez is a passionate author, food photographer, cook, baker, and recipe developer whose blog, The Candid Appetite, has appeared prominently on such sites as, BonAppetite, People, Cosmopolitan, The Kitchn, Today, The Cooking Channel, Food52 and Joy the Baker. He has created and photographed recipes for Idaho Potato Commission, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, American Butter Institute and Jones Dairy Farm, to name a few. He lives in Los Angeles, CA.