Chex Lemon Buddies
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a 2 quart microwaveable bowl, micro chips, butter, lemon peel and juice, uncovered on high for 1 minute, stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be mixed smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a 2 gallon resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Add powdered sugar, seal bag. Gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a stay at home mom with 5 wonderful children. When I have time I love to scrapbook and journal. I also crochet and do cross-stitch and enjoy reading my Bible. Sometimes I am all into trying new things then other times I only want old standbys. I like to get veggies into my picky kids by sneaking them in where they were not expecting them. I've learned that its improtant to try new things 2 or 3 times before you can really consider it rejected. Sometimes the second time you offer it to them they will scarf it down, when the first time they barely got down the mandatory taste bite. Go figure.</p> 8725182"