Human Puppy Chow
This is the best recipe in the world!! It is great to have anytime but it also makes great christmas gifts.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 9 cups Corn Chex or 9 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a large sauce pan, melt together butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Stir until all is evenly distributed and all is completely melted.
- Measure out chex into a large bowl.
- Pour chocolate mixture over chex and fold until all the chex are completely covered in the chocolate mixture.
- Put powdered sugar into large paper bag.
- Put chex into the bag with the sugar and shake until all chex are covered.
- Add more sugar as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I make this with rice & wheat Chex and Kellogg's Cracklin' Oat Bran cereals using the same amount of chocolate, PB, & slightly less powdered sugar. I've found that adding the bran cereal gives it a real puppy chow look and absorbs up some of the other ingredients. I tend to stir mine after coating it lightly w/ the powdered sugar because I like it to have the more brown look of real puppy chow. I purchased a large dog bowl in which I serve it at parties w/ a little stuffed dog beside it tagged with the name of it & the ingredients. It's gotten a lot of repeat requests so it's become a winter & tail gate party staple. I've also added some nuts a few times & that's okay, but it doesn't add anything you really need.1Reply
see 136 more