photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 -4 overly ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla flavored) or 1/4 cup milk (skim is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan (or muffin pan).
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the bananas, yogurt, applesauce, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix, together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. [Variations: Add 1 small apple (peeled, cored and diced), 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, or 1/2 cup chocolate chips].
- Pour into the pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (if baking muffins, bake for 20-30 minutes).
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!