Balsamic Egg Plant and Spinach Saute
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups small eggplants
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add celery and saute until fragrant. Add Green Onion and sugar and cook 1 minute.
- Peel Eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch medallions.
- Add Eggplant and cook until bottom begins to change color and soften about 3 minutes.
- Flip Eggplant and add Balsamic, Onion Powder, Five Spice, and Garlic Powder.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes stiring occasionally. The Eggplant should darken and begin to soften considerably.
- Add Spinach, Salt and Pepper and cook uncovered until spinach is wilted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was an interesting recipe. Overall the flavor was very nice. I made this in two batches as I always do when I try and rate a recipe. I made a couple of changes the second time around which I think really worked better.<br/><br/>I didn't add the scallions as early as the recipe states. I added them when I added the eggplant. Also, the egg plant I diced vs medallions which to me just didn't work and I didn't use any onion powder and used fresh garlic. Overall it was a very nice recipe. I'm thinking a little red pepper may be nice. It needed a bit of a kick I think.<br/>But thanks for a unique recipe.<br/>Made for PAC 2011