Grilled Balsamic Eggplant
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise in half the half again Check photo
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the marinade ingredients into a bag tossing to combine. Add the 4 quarters of the eggplant and marinade for 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to high. Place the wedges on the grates reserving the marinade.Grill on hot oiled grates lowering heat to medium.
- Brown on all three sides. Marking each side. Will be ready when easy to remove from grate. For more tender move to indirect heat and grill till desired. About 10 minutes.
- Pour the reserved marinade over the hot eggplant.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was REALLY good! I used 1t of dried basil and skipped the salt in the herb mix as I prefer to let everyone salt to their own preference. Next time I make this I think I'll add an extra T of olive oil...the marinade was thick (pasty consistency) and it was hard to get it evenly spread. But this was quick, easy, has basic ingredients, and YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!