Baking Powder Biscuits
This recipe I made for breakfast one Saturday morning for my family. They all loved my bicuits. This recipe is a great and yummy.
- Ready In:
- Mix baking powder, flour, and salt together.
- Cut crisco into dry mixure.
- Mix together until it is crumbly.
- stir in milk and knead lightly on floured board, about 6 times.
- Roll out and cut.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in 405* for 10-12 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this recipe on 5/3/09 as part of mine and SO's dinner. There were a couple of minor problems that I had with this recipe, first after patting out the dough, ( If rolling out, your dough gets too tough ) I only ended up with six biscuits. The recipe didn't say what thickness the dough should have been or what size cutter should have been used. Second, the temp. of the oven seemed to be off for the listed baking time. So, I baked them at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Even with 3 teaspoons of baking powder, it doesn't have that "Baking Powder "after taste. Thanks for posting a " good basic baking powder biscuit " And , " Keep Smiling :) "Reply
see 1 more