photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine spaghetti sauce with sour cream. Stir in broth.
- Add 1/2 cup Mozarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in ziti and blend well.
- Pour out into 9x13-inch baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for one hour.
- After one hour, take out baking dish, uncover (carefully—very hot steam), and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Return dish to oven without cover and bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, this was delicious and very easy. I used Paul Newman's Fra Diavolo sauce, which is spicey. The sour cream tempered some of the heat, but not the taste intensity. We loved this recipe and so did the people we served it to. I put this in a Food.com cookbook I am creating for my grandchildren. Thank you so much.
i changed it around a little because my bf is picky. he hates parmesan cheese. i used chicken broth, added browned meat and fresh chopped mushrooms. i only used about 8 oz of sour cream and added about .5 cup of milk. turned out nice and creamy. for full modifications see my blog. http://terrorinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/06/baked-ziti.html
see 11 more reviews
A practically effortless pasta meal! What's not to love? I used beef broth in place of vegetable, but otherwise made no changes. It really relies on the quality of the spaghetti sauce that you choose. For those who need to have meat, I think pepperoni slices would be a great meat option for this. We loved it just as is and we'll be having this again! Thanx!