Baked Rigatoni With Broccoli, Green Olives and Pancetta
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves, plus one sprig
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into small florets and stems reserved for another use
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives, such as Castelvetrano, halved
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- One a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes, garlic thyme and basil sprigs with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes until softened and browned in spots, and then let cool. Discard thyme and basil sprigs and coarsely chop the tomatoes and garlic, reserving any juices.
- On another rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes until crisp-tender.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and nearly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add Onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in olives, tomatoes, and garlic and the 2 tbsp of butter. Keep warm.
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups of the cooking water. Stir the pasta into the skillet, along with the reserved cooking water, broccoli, ricotta, torn basil, and 1/2 cup. of the Parmigiano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Parmigiano on top and bake for 15 minutes, until bubbling and browned on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!