Baked Italian Frittata
- Ready In:
- 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (fresh basil would also be nice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Sauté potato in oil in large skillet for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic, sauté until tender.
- Add broccoli; cook and cover 5 minutes.
- Arrange mixture in an 11x7x1-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs and next five ingredients; beat until blended.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for a baby shower. It was a hit. I added more potato and green peppers than the recipe called for. Used shredded parmesian and added lots of bacon too. I baked it in a 13 x 9 pan at 350 for around 45 minutes. This large dish was enough for the 20 guests. (we had other food too) Will definitely make this again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Very busy nanny/au pair, working for a very rich and snooty family, in a very large home, in a very snooty village. Just in case my employer comes here, please don't ask where I am from, or I'll be sacked like the last nanny was. ;-) I take care of 4 gorgeous, and darling kids. 3 girls and a boy. The boy is the youngest (and my favorite). They are great children, very, very active. (Hyper) I love to cook. I guess that's a given, why else would I be here. Part of my job is also to prepare meals for the family. The more they like my food, the longer I get to stay. (just a little joke) On my day off, I usually go out to the cinema or some dance clubs with the other au pairs in this town. That's about it I think.