Sausage & Potato Italian Frittata
photo by The Foodgitive
- Ready In:
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the peeled and cut potatoes to pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, cook the sausage pieces over medium heat in a medium size pan(has to be heat resistant, including handle) for 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Do not drain pan!
- Add shallot to pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occassionally with wooden spoon, scraping sides and bottom of pan.
- Add potatos and sausage back to pan and heat for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, while the sausage and potatoes are heating, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and milk in a medium bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add mixture to pan after sausage and potato mixture are finished heating.
- Cook for 3 minutes, scraping only sides of pan.
- Let cook for an additional 6 minutes on low flame without disrupting the mixture.
- Put oven on and set to Broil.
- Add cheese to top of mixture and place in oven on top rack and broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven with oven mitts and let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Serve while hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!