Baked Eggs With Herbs
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (sage, thyme, etc.,)
- 1⁄4 pint double cream
- Set oven to 350ºF or Mark 4.
- Lightly grease a large oven proof dish with the butter and sprinkle 4 oz of the cheese evenly over the base.
- Break the eggs carefully into the dish, one at a time, keeping whole and seasoning lightly.
- Mix the herbs together and sprinkle over, then carefully spoon the cream over the egg yolks and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden and serve accompanied by crusty bread and butter.
Join The Conversation
This recipe was scaled down to serve DH and me. I cooked them in individual ramekins and added a touch more cheese than called for. The mixed herbs were dried Herbs de Provence. As for the double cream, I used low-fat milk to which I added dry milk powder for extra richness. Thanks for a wonderful brunch!