Baked Chicken Breasts With Parmesan Garlic Crust
Crunchy baked chicken is kept moist during cooking by slathering it with a basil, mayonnaise mixture before adding seasoned breadcrumbs. Delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425°.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to taste in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 13"x 9" baking dish which has been sprayed with Pam.
- Combine basil and mayonnaise in small bowl and spread mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 160 degrees, about 18 to 22 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION