Baked Brie With Roasted Garlic
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 bulb of garlic, left whole
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1 t. dried rosemary, crushed)
- 1 round sourdough loaf, loaf (1 lb.)
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round or (8 ounce) camembert cheese
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- red grapes, and
- green grape
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb. Brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the top forth off the loaf of sourdough bread, carefully hollow out enough of the bottom of the bread so cheese will fit. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place cheese in bread.
- Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375. Squeeze softened garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork. Spread over cheese. Replace bread top; brush outside of bread with remaining olive oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette, grapes and reserved bread cubes.
- Prep and cooking time does not reflect cooling time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me with my oldest grandson, DJ and was taken this past summer when we went on a cruise and land tour of Alaska. I am retired after working for the same company for 25 years. My husband is a retired military officer. After the military he started working for Lockheed and is now retired from there as well. We live in San Jose, CA and have lived in the same house for over 33 years. We have two grown children and 6 beautiful grandchildren. I love to try new recipes and jazz up old ones. Taste of Home and Southern Living are my favorite recipe magazines(I enjoy reading a little bit about the people who submit the recipes). Recipe Zaar is just an incredible site. I've made many new friends since joining. I have tons of cookbooks -- but now when I need a new recipe that I know I can count on, I come here! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg">