Baked Apples With Honey Syrup
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Core apples, being careful not to cut through bottom. Pare 1/2 inch at the stem end.
- Combine raisins and walnuts, if used, and 1 tsp honey with the ground cinnamon and ground cloves. Fill the center of the apples with this mixture.
- Place the apples in a 8" by 8" baking pan.
- In a small saucepan combine water, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and pour syrup over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven until tender, about 45 minutes, basting occasionally with syrup from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!