Bacon Potato Salad
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs red potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a large pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients.
- Stir together potatoes, sour cream mixture, green onions, and parsley in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour; keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Stir in bacon just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was made on 4/5/10 for the " Soup,Salad,and Sandwich " And since I made it just for me, the amount was adjusted accordingly. I used about 1 1/2 pounds of red potatoes,cooked them until fork tender.For the sour cream, mayo, and mustard were adjusted to taste.Also, the salt and pepper was adjusted to taste. And I used a couple of Tablespoons of green onions, a couple of shakes of dried parsley. The amount of bacon was reduced to 3 slices. I found that this potato salad had a very light and tangy taste. Thank you for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
This potato salad is awesome! I had my potatoes cooked and diced and was searching Recipezaar looking for a different way to make potato salad this morning when I ran across this recipe. My little girl does NOT like the regular mayo type potato salad but loves this one and keeps asking for another taste. I might have to make a second batch cause I don't think this one is going to make it to the bar-b-que on Sunday! I'm so glad I adopted this recipe. It's a keeper for us! Made for Adopt-a-tag.